I never travel anywhere that I don’t find some stir-fried shrimp to eat. Here is my favorite recipe that I make at home all the time. Whenever the group converges on a casino, we manage to find a spot for me to cook this for my friends. This dish could be the reason they keep me around.
Sesame Shrimp and Broccoli Stir-Fry
The shrimp needs to marinate for 2 hours before cooking.
2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
1 pinch of cayenne pepper
1 tbsp fresh garlic, minced
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp black pepper 1 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
1) In a glass bowl, mix all the marinade ingredients
2) Add shrimp
3) Toss to coat well
4) Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours
Ingredients for Stir-Fry
1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 cups fresh broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
1 carrot, cleaned and sliced thin on a diagonal
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
2 tbsp cornstarch
3/4 cup chicken broth
2 scallions, chopped
1 tbsp sesame seeds
salt and peppercorns
1) Heat 2 tbsp of the sesame oil in a large wok or skillet.
2) Add broccoli and carrot slices. Saute for 3 – 4 minutes
3) Drizzle teriyaki sauce and toss well.
4) Add the marinated shrimp and cook for 4 – 5 minutes until shrimp turns pink
5) In a small bowl, whisk the broth and cornstarch
6) Add to the wok or skillet and bring to a simmer, stirring until thickened.
7) Add salt and pepper to taste.
8) Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle with chopped scallions and sesame seeds
9) Serve over cooked rice.