My favorite recipe is Chilean sea bass with a lemon mint vinaigrette, Habanero salsa and an arobol chili rub. This dish serves four.
Ingredients for the Chili Rub
2 tbsp coriander
1 tbsp lemon pepper
1/2 tbsp arbol chili
1/2 tbsp allspice
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tbsp salt
1/2 tbsp achiote paste
Ingredients for the Vinaigrette
3 tsp Sherry wine vinegar
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2/3 cup olive oil
2 tsp ground mint leaves
1 tbsp minced onion
1/2 tbsp chives
4 sea bass fillets
Ingredients for Habanero Salsa
1/2 dried Habanero pepper
1/3 dried ancho chili pepper
1/3 papaya, chopped
1/2 Roma tomato, diced
1/3 mango, chopped
1 tsp finely chopped cilantro
1 tbsp diced onion
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/3 tsp steak salt blend
Lemon Mint Vinaigrette
1) Put 1/3 of the vinegar and lemon juice in a blender.
2) On high-speed drizzle in approximately 2/3 of the olive oil.
3) Add the rest of the vinegar and lemon juice.
4) Slowly add the rest of the olive oil.
5) Add the mint, onions, and chives.
1) Soak the Habaneros and anchos in hot water to soften.
2) Remove the seed and stems, wearing gloves, and dice.
3) Add the remaining ingredients with the peppers into a bowl.
Arbol Chili Rub
1) In a dry saucepan, add the coriander, lemon pepper, arbol chili, allspice, cinnamon, salt and achiote paste.
2) Heat until it just starts to smoke and transfer to a blender.
3) On high-speed, grind until it’s powder.
Sea Bass Fillets
1) Rub fish with the arbol rub and grill at 130 degrees for approximately 15 – 20 minutes, depending on the size of the fillets.
2) Drizzle a plate with the vinaigrette.
3) Place fish on top of vinaigrette.
4) Top the whole thing with the Habanero salsa.
5) Serve with the rice of your choice.