I’ve combined my love of tomatoes and eggs to create this dish.
2 – 4 slices of sourdough bread
salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp of olive oil
20 grams of feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
2 tbsp of whipping or thickened cream (optional)
2 large tomatoes, Roma tomatoes work best
2 tsp sugar (optional)
2 tsp olive oil
A sprinkle of salt and pepper
1) Preheat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit or 150 degrees Celsius.
2) Halve and core the tomatoes, then place them on a baking sheet.
3) Drizzle the olive oil over the top.
4) Sprinkle with sugar, salt, and pepper.
5) Bake for 1 to 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the tomatoes start to brown and have cooked through. Turn the oven off, but leave the tomatoes inside until you finish preparing the meal to keep them warm.
6) Toast your bread while you prepare the eggs.
7) On medium heat, preheat a non-stick frying pan.
8) Crack your eggs into a bowl and whisk in the cream and olive oil until fluffy and well combined.
9) Pour the egg mixture into the pan and add salt and pepper.
10) Stir and scrape the eggs with a non-metal spatula as they cook, allowing large chunks of scrambled eggs to form without burning.
11) Just before the eggs are cooked through, while still a little runny, remove them from the heat and add the feta cheese. The residual heat from the pan will finish cooking the eggs.
12) Lightly butter your toast, and arrange the eggs and tomatoes on the plate with a little flare.